Odyssey to Disneyland Paris: A Trip Report & Beyond
Welcome to this Disneyland Paris trip report My wife and I had an incredible opportunity to spend time in London during the Queen’s Jubilee, in far away places in England, and in Paris as well. But we also spent several days in Disneyland Paris and I can’t wait to share! There were many fantastic moments along the way as well as some wonderful surprises at both the Disneyland Parc and the Walt Disney Studios Paris Parc. Between the two is the dining and shopping experience of Disney Village. I talk about them as well as many of the logistics of our stay, to include two Disneyland Paris Resort hotels, the Santa Fe and the Sequoia. I also get into the weeds of our stay to include trains and planes, getting to and from within the resort, and even handling laundry. It was a fantastic trip and for those of you who have ever wondered about visiting, this podcast for you. I’ll even explain how this park has now become one of my favorite parks around the world. It was that good. Join us for this Disneyland Paris Trip report and more.
The podcast carries the narrative of those items outlined and shown below. The podcast is available on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and ListenNotes. Please subscribe to the podcast and to this website so you can be notified of upcoming posts and podcasts!
London, The Queen’s Jubilee & Cottingham
- Transportation: Taxis are reasonable!
- Double decker bus stations don’t work during a jubilee
- Metros allow you to tap in and tap out
- Uber boats rock!
- Hotel Near St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Queen’s Jubilee Chaos
- Beyond the tourist spots: Kettering, Market Harborough and Cottingham
Taking the Train Through the Chunnel
- The romance of taking a train–Not!
- Is flying from London better?
- Taxi or train from Paris Train Station?
Hotel Santa Fe Stay and Cheyenne Laundry Roundup
- Midnight Arrival to Disneyland Paris Resort: The magic begins!
- Hotel Santa Fe: Is this Disney’s most bizarre hotel?
- Doing laundry in Cheyenne while traveling
Sequoia Resort Stay
- This is not your Sequoia Wuksachi Lodge, your Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, or even Disney’s Grand Californian
- Architectural Roots: National Park Lodges Meets Frank Lloyd Wright
- Sequoia Decor–Touches of Disney’s Bambi
- Hotel Amenities: Fireplace Lounges, Swimming Pools & Dams
- Taking the Train from Disneyland Paris into Paris to Arc de Triomphe and back
- Visiting the Eiffel Tower–Don’t do what we did!
- Taking a Double Decker Bus to see Paris–Hits and Misses
- The Palais Garnier–Is it the most elaborate place to visit in all of Europe?
- Beautifully remodeled park–Unless it’s closed!
- Sleeping Beauty Castle–Breathtaking!
- Dining at Captain Jacks, The Silver Spur Steakhouse and Plaza Gardens Restaurant
- Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Could this be the best of the best?
Parc Walt Disney Studios
- Crush’s Coaster–Thematically detailed but Intense!
- Cars Road Trip: Route 66: The last place to see Catastrophe Canyon
- Mickey and the Magician: Magical!
- Avengers Campus: We missed it! But it’s not to be missed
- Tower of Terror: The surprise of surprises!
Come Join Our Patreon Group!
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get an in-depth look at the Metaverse at Disney and in other world-class organizations. Sign up today!
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!