Are You Too Late for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration?
Disney has stated that the 50th anniversary for Walt Disney World goes on until March 31st of 2023. But is that really the case? We canvas the entire Florida property to see if the magic is still calling you to this golden anniversary. From new entertainment to attractions; from food & beverage to anniversary merchandise, we look at whether you can really still celebrate or whether the World’s Most Magical Celebration has really moved on. Are you still the magic, or are you too late for Walt Disney World’s 50th? Or has it been lost among Genie+ apps, higher prices and changing CEOs? And will the memories live on for the next 50 years? Join us as on this podcast as we find out.
The source of where the anniversary is comes from your MyDisney app as well as the park guide. The following are images, videos and links we discuss in the podcast.
- Cinderella Castle–The centerpiece of the celebration.
- Disney Fab 50 Sculptures–Pick your favorite.
- Beacons of Light
- Cinderella Castle
- The Tree of Life
- The Tower of Terror
- Spaceship Earth
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Nemo: Big, Blue…and Beyond!
Food & Beverage
- Any & Everything at Main Street Confectionary
- The Wild Toad Brat Burger at The Friar’s Nook
- Uncle Orville Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Sunday in a Bath Tub at Auntie Gravity’s
- Bear Tracks Slush and Teddi Berra’s Swingin’ Shortcake at Pecos Bills
- Lemon Chiffon Cake with Blueberry Mousse at Sunshine Seasons in World Nature
- Space 220 in World Discovery
- La Crêperie de Paris in World Showcase
- Connections Eatery
- Steakhouse 71
- Glimmer & Shimmer Churros Adjacent to Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Buffalo Chicken Waffle Bowl at Fairfax Fare
- 50th Anniversary Celebration Lemon Cupcake at Creature Comforts & Flame Tree Barbecue
- Walt’s Chili at All Star Movies
- Lego Anniversary Castle
- Character Coinage
- Souvenir Park Maps
- Christmas Ornament
- 1976 Bicentennial Shirt
- Walt Disney World Board Game by Milton Bradley
- Epcot 40th Anniversary Merchandise & Connections
- Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade
- Enchantment at Magic Kingdom
- Harmonious at Epcot
- Cirque du Soleil Drawn to Life at Disney Springs
Are the Memories Still Calling You?
The question at hand here is whether you will remember the magic calling you 10, 20 or 50 years from now when you look back at this experience. Here are my memories
- Re-Opening with Covid
- October 1st, 2021
- Enchantment with Our Grandchildren
- Playing Harmonious Every Morning with my Son
- Opening of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Seeing Drawn to Life
- Bringing So Many Friends Through the Parks
- “This is our castle”
Check Out Our Patreon Group!
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get exclusive podcasts looking that checks out other Disney podcasts, social media finds, shows, books and more.
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.s
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!