Disney News From Around the World & Lawsuits Too
There is so much happening in the Disney parks and resorts across the world, and it’s time to catch up. From Walt Disney World to Disneyland, From Paris to Tokyo, there are really cool things happening and we want to share them with you. Even happenings on the Disney Cruise Line as they celebrate their 25th anniversary. And yes…there are some lawsuits as well. We’ll take a few moments to catch you up to date, but we really want to share some of the magic going on around the globe. In fact, we have over a dozen happenings throughout all of Disney that we have to share. So join us for news around the world and lawsuits too.
This podcast as well as all others are brought to you by Performance Journeys, which celebrates its 20th year as a training and development group bringing best in business ideas through keynotes, workshops, seminars and amazing benchmarking programs to organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors. If you are seeking to improve your customer delivery, to re-engage the morale of your workforce, or to improve the leadership of your organization, we offer not only great solutions tried and tested from our time working intimately to raise excellence in organizations big and small. At Performance Journeys, it’s as much about the journey as it is about the performance.
Here are images and videos that support today’s podcast:
Walt Disney World
Disney Sues the State of Florida & Florida Sues Back
Here are some key points from the lawsuits filed this week:
- Disney sought to establish greater autonomy in agreements filed with the outgoing board before the Central Florida Tourism Oversight Board took over.
- Angered when they realized what happened, the board immediately sought to take legal action to refute and nullify those agreements. This occurred even when Disney did so openly under Florida Sunshine Laws.
- When the board took that action, Disney filed a Federal lawsuit that would seek to remove all that DeSantis had enacted. This lawsuit takes place in a jurisdiction that covers Tallahassee.
- In return the board has filed a lawsuit against Disney stating they had no right to change the agreements before they took over. This lawsuit is taking place in a central Florida jurisdiction.
- The idea here is that if Disney can win their lawsuit, then the other has no effect, since Disney is trying to gain the right to dial back the clock and restore the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
- That lawsuit in Tallahassee seeks to establish that the governor was acting in a political bias against Disney, and that no government has a right to be punitive toward an organization or corporation because they have voiced a different political opinion.
- DeSantis has made so many public statements of his objection to how “woke” Disney is, that it’s hard to imagine that they could win in the lawsuit Disney is filing against them.
- If that’s the case, then the current board would go away and the RCID would be restored. But that may be some time in court before it completely plays out.
Firefighters Get New Agreement
Little Mermaid Meet ‘n’ Greet
New DVC Cabins in Fort Wilderness
New Windows Bob Gets Window on Hollywood Boulevard
Disney and Make-A-Wish Celebrate 150,000 Wishes Granted Together
New Window Make a Wish at Disneyland
Dragon Goes Up in Flames
Be sure to visit our Facebook page and weigh in on which Fantasmic is best!
Hayley Mills Visits Harringtons at Disneyland Paris
“it’s a small world” Re-opening at Disneyland Paris
This is a really special attraction in any park, but with a massive re-do, it’s definitely worth checking out.
Shanghai Disney Resort
Avatar: Explore Pandora Interactive Experience in the Tomorrowland Pavilion
Hong Kong Disneyland
Marvel Season of Super Heroes
Tokyo Disney Resort
Children Cast Member Experience
Mickey’s Rainbow Luau & The Diamond Variety Muster
Disney Cruise Line Celebrates the 25th Anniversary
Here is a video celebrating Disney Cruise Line’s 25th anniversary:
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!
David and Leah Zanolla
Join the Wayfinder Society!
The Wayfinder Society is our Patreon group. Here we bring the best details of Disney both in terms of the magic of the parks as well as the business behind the magic. It’s part of what you get when you help support the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get exclusive podcasts looking that checks out other Disney podcasts, social media finds, shows, books and more.