Epcot: What’s Open, Closed & Coming? Does Genie+ Offer Value? And Highlights of the International Flower & Garden Festival
It’s Spring at Epcot and that means the International Flower & Garden Festival is well underway. We’ll bring you our three favorite gardens, topiaries and culinary kiosks. But then there’s much more as we look at whether you get the bang for your buck with Genie+. Is this park worth it? What about getting an exclusive Lightning Lane option for Ratatouille? Can you do this? Or is there another way to get in without the long wait? We then move beyond Genie+ to discuss what’s come back to Epcot, what’s still not present in Epcot, and importantly, the status of attractions promised to the park–are they coming or are they not? Finally, we’ll end with Epcot’s best lunchtime secret. Something I had no idea of! So stay tuned.
The podcast carries the narrative and is available on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and ListenNotes. Please subscribe to the podcast and to this website so you can be notified of upcoming posts and podcasts!
- Three Caballeros
- Tinker Bell’s Fairy House Garden
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Bambi & Friends Butterfly Garden
- Japan’s Bonsai Collection and Kokedema Garden
- Italy’s Garden Italiano
Favorite Dishes & Kiosks
- La Isla Fresca Between Morocco and France: Arepas and Coconut Tres Leches
- Hanami in Japan: Frushi
- Epcot Sunshine Griddle Near Test Track: Avocado Toast, Corned beef Brisket Hash, and Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites
- Not Enough Offerings Behind Genie+
- Should Genie+ Have Different Per Park Pricing
- Ratatouille No Crowds
Open, Closed, and Coming Soon?
- Spaceship Earth Post-Show Activities
- Vanellope but not Ralph
- Joy is back Inside Imagination
- Anna & Elsa in Royal Sommerhus
- Askershus Royal Banquet Hall
- Monsieur Paul
- Restaurant Marrakesh
- Brass Bazaar, Casablanca Carpets, Marketplace in the Medina, Tangier Traders, and Souk-al-Magreb
- Der Teddybar
- The Toy Soldier & Sportsman’s Shoppe
- The Epcot Experience–What’s Next?
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- China Film
- Mary Poppins
- Spaceship Earth
- Play Pavilion
Epcot’s Best Lunchtime Secret
Typically I would never recommend La Cantina de San Angel. But combined with dining inside La Hacienda de San Angel, you have my interests. This is a beautiful space where you can take your counter service items and enjoy quiet, air-conditioned dining with beautiful views. It’s usually open from 11:00-1:30 each day, and it’s approached from the left after you visit the counter to pick up your food.
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get an in-depth look at the Metaverse at Disney and in other world-class organizations. Sign up today!
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!