Busy Disney Update for June 2023
When added up, it’s been a busy June at both Walt Disney World and at Disneyland. We’ll cover some important headlines–from Disney dealing with governors in Florida and California, to changes in the Genie+ program; to new shows and lands coming to Disneyland; to new attractions and holiday parties here in Walt Disney World. Join us for this June Disney update!
This podcast as well as all others are brought to you by Performance Journeys, which celebrates its 20th year as a training and development group bringing best in business ideas through keynotes, workshops, seminars and amazing benchmarking programs to organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors. If you are seeking to improve your customer delivery, to re-engage the morale of your workforce, or to improve the leadership of your organization, we offer not only great solutions tried and tested from our time working intimately to raise excellence in organizations big and small. At Performance Journeys, it’s as much about the journey as it is about the performance.
Here are images and videos that support today’s podcast:
Walt Disney World
Politics from Coast to Coast
- DeSantis wants to move Federal court case to after the election in 2025
- Judge drops case filed in Delaware.
- Governor Newsom Attends Disneyland Gay Days and Meets with Bob Iger & Josh D’Amaro
Here’s a summary of what is happening. More of this is outlined further in the podcast:
- There are now five options.
- The example shows how the all four parks are priced at the same price point as the Magic Kingdom
- These pricing options suggest how Disney sees the value of their individual park offerings.
- Magic Kingdom 17 Total, 14 Rides/3 Other
- Epcot 9 Total 7 Rides /2 Other
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios 12 Total, 7 Rides/5 Other
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom 9 Total, 4 Rides/5 Other
- Lower prices are equivalent to some Select Lightning Lanes
- Noticeably NOT part of the 5 updates coming in 2024 to make your visit easier.
Star Wars Intergalactic Starcruiser: What Happens Next
Scott Mayerowitz, of The Points Guy had an opportunity to meet with the head of Disney Parks, Products and Experiences. Josh D’Amaro in response to what will happen to the Star Wars Intergalactic Star Cruiser: “No hints yet…but something will happen.”
Here’s what the Jollywood nights has to offer:
- Musical variety show hosted by Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy at Theater of the Stars—with special appearances from Princess Tiana, Belle and more.
- A sing-along experience featuring Nightmare Before Christmas at Hyperion Theater. More details to come!
- The return of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!—a seasonal nighttime spectacular that’s jam-packed with music, special effects and dazzling state-of-the-art projections.
- Holiday Meet ‘n’ Greets around Echo Lake with Powerline Max, Phineas and Ferb!
- Commissary Lane holds a Latin street fair full of holiday flair.
- Jazz holiday music limited-capacity, Hollywood-themed lounge—located at The Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant.
- Drop in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel courtyard for a limited-capacity, otherworldly soirée.
Event tickets are $159 to $179 per ticket, plus tax (prices vary by event date).
- The new tower was installed at Walt Disney World. It includes a tiara.
- Ray and Evangeline are stars that are standing to the right of the tiara.
- At the end of May crowds filled up for the last day of Splash Mountain at Disneyland. Even Tony Baxter was there to experience the ride for a final time.
Here’s an earlier image of the team placing hit in 1927.
Owen Wilson, Jamie Lee Curtis and LaKeith Stanfield, stars of the new Haunted Mansion film were at Disneyland. And they were greeting guests in the queue of the attraction.
San Fransokyo Additions
Here are some new images coming out of the Pacific Wharf changeover to San Fransokyo.
Rita’s Turbine Blenders
Rogers the Musical
Jim Korkis Needs Your Help!
The 72-year-old, internationally-respected Disney historian who has authored thousands of articles and dozens of books about all things Disney. He has also been a guest on several Disney Insight Podcasts. Moreover, he’s been a friend for years. Jim is now struggling with a series of major medical issues and is in need of financial help to pay his bills. We invite you to help!
There are three ways you can support Jim with any or all of the following:
- Go to Go Fund Me and make a direct contribution to Jim Korkis.
- Join our Patreon Group, the Wayfinder Society at any level and all 2023 donations will be contributed to supporting Jim.
- Be among the first 100 people to do the following and we’ll make a $3 contribution each to supporting Jim:
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!