Celebrating 100 Years of Disney and More at Disneyland
It was a privilege to experience Disneyland as it takes center stage in celebrating the 100th anniversary of Disney. This is what the 50th anniversary for Walt Disney World should have looked like! We chronicle all of this, but we also talk about other fantastic events happening. Rogers the Musical is really worth seeing, and San Fransokyo is well underway. Indiana Jones has been re-touched with more chills and thrills than I’ve ever seen in the many years I’ve been. And then there is the newly revised Mickey’s Toon Town. Join us as we canvas Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on this the 100th anniversary of the Walt Disney Company!
This podcast as well as all others are brought to you by Performance Journeys, which celebrates its 20th year as a training and development group bringing best in business ideas through keynotes, workshops, seminars and amazing benchmarking programs to organizations in the public, private and non-profit sectors. If you are seeking to improve your customer delivery, to re-engage the morale of your workforce, or to improve the leadership of your organization, we offer not only great solutions tried and tested from our time working intimately to raise excellence in organizations big and small. At Performance Journeys, it’s as much about the journey as it is about the performance.
Here are images and videos that support today’s podcast. Also, we have included an outline that we cover in greater detail on the podcast.
- Rental Car vs. Lyft/Uber
- Customer Service is Comparable to Disney Cruise Line
- The Park was Beautiful
- Attractions Operated Really Well–Indiana Jones
- Tiana’s Underway
- Crowds were Busy but Not Overwhelming–Toy Story Lot
- DAS vs. Genie+
- Last Time was 4th of July
Rogers the Musical
- Three Ways to Attend
- Not a Super Hero Show–But a
- Need to Listen to the Music
- Perfect Compliment to Avengers Campus
- Should Continue for Some Time
- Pacific Wharf Before & Monterrey/San Francisco Elsewhwere
- Busy Signage
- New Food Menus
- Hiro & Baymax meet ‘n’ greet still to come
- Ghirardelli Goes San Fransokyo
Mickey’s Toon Town Rebooted
- Toon Town is Beautiful–A Brighter Color Palete
- Toon Town is More Peaceful
- Toon Town is Functional
- El Capitoon Theatre and Lobby
- Toon Town is Busier Than Ever
- This is a Better Home for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway
- Subject of Another Podcast
100 Years of Disney Celebration
- Bunting & Medallions Everywhere
- Mickey & Gang Costumed
- Retail Everywhere
- 100 Years Exhibit
- Wondrous Journeys
- Medley of Hercules, Hunchback, Moana
- Blue Fairy & Baymax Soaring
- “Dos Oruguitas”
- Just needs a Taller Castle
- Magic Happens Parade
- Originally Not Impressed
- Moana Wave Projections
- Coco Dogs & Marigolds
- Merlin & Arthur–If Only There were Robin Hood
- Sleeping Beauty
- World of Color 1
- Begins with Elemental Piece
- Not Your Typical Songs
- “I’m Not Fine” from Encanto
- Soul Jazz Piece
- Mulan Avalanche Piece
- Moana Heart of Te Fiti Dive
- Star Wars & Avengers
- Walt Disney Quote at the End
Jim Korkis Needs Your Help!
The 72-year-old, internationally-respected Disney historian who has authored thousands of articles and dozens of books about all things Disney. He has also been a guest on several Disney Insight Podcasts. Moreover, he’s been a friend for years. Jim is now struggling with a series of major medical issues and is in need of financial help to pay his bills. We invite you to help!
There are three ways you can support Jim with any or all of the following:
- Go to Go Fund Me and make a direct contribution to Jim Korkis.
- Join our Patreon Group, the Wayfinder Society at any level and all 2023 donations will be contributed to supporting Jim.
- Be among the first 100 people to do the following and we’ll make a $3 contribution each to supporting Jim:
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!