Test Driving Disney’s New MagicBand+
This month the new MagicBand+ was released to guests visiting Walt Disney World. Is it worth it? Anyone who has heard enough of my podcasts probably knows where I’m going to side on this product. Still, it’s a good time to take another look at this very popular product so many guests utilize during their stay at Walt Disney World. We’ll look at the timeline that brought us to today. We’ll then step into the parks to make a purchase, get it linked up to the MyDisneyExperience, and take her for a test drive. From there we’ll add up both the plusses and the minuses. There’s a lot of talk on the streets about this new product. Is it worth it? Find out as we take a test drive on Disney’s New MagicBand+.
Below is an outline of the podcast. But the podcast goes into details you won’t want to miss. The podcast is available on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and ListenNotes. Please subscribe to the podcast and to this website so you can be notified of upcoming posts and podcasts!
- January 2006: Pixar was purchased by Disney
- January 2007: Steve Jobs premieres the iPhone
- October 2011: Steve Jobs passed away
- January 7, 2013: Tom Staggs introduced the MagicBand as part of MyMagic+
- April 2015: The Apple Watch premieres
- November 2016: New MagicBand2 announced
- May 2017: Volcano Bay opens at Universal Florida with TapuTapu
- August 2022: The new MagicBand+
The following is an outline of what we cover in the podcast!
My Own DisneyExperience
- My Previous Use with MagicBand
- Selecting the MagicBand+ and Making the Purchase
- Setting it Up with a Smart Phone
- Setting it Up with Play Disney Parks
- Playing the Bounty Hunter Game in Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Doing the Fab 50 Quest–35 Statues Featuring 50 Characters
- Watching Harmonious Fireworks
Pluses & Minuses
- Lots of fun designs and cool choices
- Once used, it’s convenient
- A lot more fun than Star Wars Datapad
- More value the more times you return
- Still a Kid’s Cool Status Statement
- Basics like Room, Park & Lightning Lane Access Still Available When Battery is Dead
- There is Something to the Tactile/Visual Sensation
- Expensive–Not Free!
- Painful to Set Up
- Impact on Smart Phone Batteries Uncertain
- Need More Portals to Recharge
- Few things to do–Currently
- Activities are Unreliable
- Why can’t I pay for the software on my watch?
- It’s Quickly Becoming Disney’s Wand
- This is a Big Disney Per Cap Winner
- It Provides “The Casino Effect”
- Lots of Possibilities with Sorcerers in the Magic Kingdom and Beyond
- It Is the Genie+ for Gaming
- It Makes Genie+ Look Cheap
Check Out Our Patreon Group!
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get exclusive podcasts looking that checks out other Disney podcasts, social media finds, shows, books and more.
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.s
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!