Doing Disney as a Diabetic
Diabetes is a real challenge for millions of people, and yet, how do you make it workable at the happiest places on earth? We are joined by David Zanolla who shares with us the challenges that Diabetics face when they are in the Disney Parks. We look at how he and others have taken that issue and made the experience not only workable, but as a place to enjoy. Where to go, what to eat, and how to monitor your energy level as you embrace a big day at the parks? Will cover that and much, much more. Join us at Disney at Play as we find out how to do Disney as a Diabetic.
The questions discussed are shared below. But the podcast carries the narrative and is available on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and ListenNotes. Please subscribe to the podcast and to this website so you can be notified of upcoming posts and podcasts!
We discuss the following questions:
- What is Diabetes?
- How does Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes affect you differently?
- How do you plan your trip differently as a diabetic?
- Are there resources you look for in the resorts when staying there as a diabetic?
- How do you schedule your day in the parks?
- What foods do you avoid, and what foods do you look forward to in the parks?
- How do you monitor your energy?
- What do you do when you think your blood sugar is moving in the wrong direction?
- How is your family affected by your diabetic needs in the parks?
- What other advice do you have for those dealing with diabetes?
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get an in-depth look at the Metaverse at Disney and in other world-class organizations. Sign up today!
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!