5 Walt Disney World Park Fixes Needed During COVID-19
Over the last couple of weeks we have showcased comprehensive efforts Disney has made to create a more COVID-19 free experience in the parks. We noted in one post/podcast over 65 examples just canvassing Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
The following are ideas for improving the park experience–not necessarily to make it safe–but to make the experience better despite the safety practices Disney has had to implement. I think it would do much to make a more enjoyable experience for all attending.
1. Open Passholder Availability
- There is availability almost every day for Disney resort guests and guests buying tickets. But there are many days pass holders are blocked out in part of completely.
- There should never be a day in which park guests should not be able to get into at least one park.
- Why can’t there be a 2:00 raffle to allow passholders to have an extra “after 4:00” entry. Perhaps for those with dining reservations?
2. More Fever Tent Checking Available
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios has big back up problems getting the fever checked.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom has already been testing out technology that should be used not only for security purposes but for checking fever.
3. More Rest & Covered Areas
- Some parks have no indoor rest areas
- Some parks have two few rest areas & tables/chairs
- Rest areas need to have tables cleaned afterwards
4. Make Retailing Easier
- More places open
- Flexibility on entering and exiting when crowds are low
- Product with pricing on it
- Buy electronically and go
- Note–Pecos Bill’s made waiting for your mobile order easier.
5. More Characters–More Magic
- Disney characters create magic
- Disney characters need to be out and about
- Disney characters need a place to be undercover but available
Thanks for joining us. Make sure you check out the following:
It’s where we take best-in-business ideas from the “Happiest Place on Earth” and help apply them to your business organization. Visit DisneyatWork.com
It’s our place for videos and more at my YouTube channel J. Jeff Kober