Morning at the Magic Kingdom
It’s a beautiful day here at Walt Disney World as we start the morning here in the Magic Kingdom. So much to check out in this podcast and video. We start in the parking lot looking at ongoing transportation issues (could Epcot monorails be returning?) and then on to entering the park using the new facial recognition system. In Town Square we check out changes that have been made to the fire house after Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom has come to an end (and yes, a new interactive experience is underway). Cinderella Castle continues to get layered with a treatment of bunting, spiraling ribbons and baubles of jewels for Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary. We check that out and head right into Fantasyland where touches of gold have also been added to the carousel. Moving on to Storybook Circus we see that Casey Jr. is getting spiffed up, but that’s nothing compared to ongoing construction of the new Tron coaster. Additional surprises await as we see the Tomorrowland Peoplemover in motion in hopes (cross your fingers) of an opening within a few days or weeks. In Adventureland we talk about changes underway on the world-famous Jungle Cruise, and some thematic details you may have never noticed at Pirates of the Caribbean. The Rivers of America look tranquil as does Liberty Square but work is being done on Peter Pan’s Flight and we take notice that Be Our Guest is not open for breakfast. We finish our tour of Main Street Cinema that has temporarily become the confectionary for Main Street while the corner shop gets a major refurbishment. All this and more on this podcast and YouTube video post. Join us!
The Wayfinder Society: A Patreon Site for Disney Fans
We are offering a new program where you have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive offerings from Disney at Play and Disney at Work. Join us as we introduce our new Patreon program, the Wayfinder Society, intended to give you new insights to all things Disney, whether its work or play. I am truly excited to share this new opportunity with you and look forward to creating new experiences that you will enjoy whether at home or at the Disney parks. There are a variety of options for joining, depending on your interests:
When you join, you will be given access to unique, interactive apps that explores the parks in new ways, offering stories, photos, videos and more.
Here are some of the interactive apps we share with members of our society:
- Pandora: World of Avatar: This is an expansive and detailed look at every aspect of this land. You can’t find any source that has covered this entire land with its attractions, retail and dining more in depth.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Across the Globe: We not only compare this attraction in parks world-wide, but we deep dive into what makes each unique. Currently we’ve covered Tokyo Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. More to come!
- Coming Soon! S.E.A. Assembled! The Society of Adventurers and Explorers are coming to the Wayfinder Society. We’ll document their whereabouts and showcase their imprint on Disney attractions world-wide.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Disneyland. For our upper tiers, we have an interactive business tour of Disneyland to include more than fifty attractions spread throughout the park. These are best-in-business ideas you can apply to your own organization.
- Coming Soon! Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. Looking at the heritage of Most Magical Place in the World, we draw best practices from over the years that you can again, apply to your organization.
As you see, we have so much to share. And when you donate, a portion of your contribution goes to Embrace Celebration, dedicated to helping Disney Cast Members and others in this area who are unemployed during this pandemic. To learn more, visit our site to discover our offerings and various tiers. Join us!