Disneyland’s New Annual Pass Program: Implications for Walt Disney World
Even though Walt Disney World reopened nearly a year before Disneyland came out of COVID, Disneyland’s new annual pass program, Magic Key, has been announced. We look at what makes this different not just from the previous Disneyland passport programs, but how it differs from the current Walt Disney World annual passport program in place. Moreover, we look at what implications there may be when Walt Disney World resumes the new sales of annual passes in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary. Those which details will be released later this month, but what’s happening at Disneyland may give us lots of insight to what will soon happen at Walt Disney World.
Highlights of Disneyland’s Magic Key Program
- There are four tiers that vary in price, in available dates, and in benefits
- Annual pass holders will have to make a reservation to go to the park.
- The number of reservations will vary
- This will allow Disney to make as much money as before but with lesser crowds in the park
- This will level out the size of crowds, especially at night.
- No MaxPass included
- You can choose a two park hopper reservation, but it may only allow you to choose a one-day park reservation
- Sales begin on August 25th (10 am PT), and guests will be available to visit the park starting that day (good luck!)
Implications for Walt Disney World
- It probably won’t be a far departure from before, other than price
- Parking may not be included
- Could higher tiers get more days for reservations
- Wouldn’t it be nice to have higher percentage off on food & Beverage
- Expect the reservation system to continue indefinitely
- Could off days become more crowded than blackout days?
- Monthly payment options are still happening
- Limiting the number of annual passes sold is still considered an option
The Wayfinder Society: A Patreon Site for Disney Fans
We are offering a new program where you have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive offerings from Disney at Play and Disney at Work. Join us as we introduce our new Patreon program, the Wayfinder Society, intended to give you new insights to all things Disney, whether its work or play. I am truly excited to share this new opportunity with you and look forward to creating new experiences that you will enjoy whether at home or at the Disney parks. There are a variety of options for joining, depending on your interests:
When you join, you will be given access to unique, interactive apps that explores the parks in new ways, offering stories, photos, videos and more.
Here are some of the interactive apps we share with members of our society:
- Pandora: World of Avatar: This is an expansive and detailed look at every aspect of this land. You can’t find any source that has covered this entire land with its attractions, retail and dining more in depth.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Across the Globe: We not only compare this attraction in parks world-wide, but we deep dive into what makes each unique. Currently we’ve covered Tokyo Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. More to come!
- Coming Soon! S.E.A. Assembled! The Society of Adventurers and Explorers are coming to the Wayfinder Society. We’ll document their whereabouts and showcase their imprint on Disney attractions world-wide.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Disneyland. For our upper tiers, we have an interactive business tour of Disneyland to include more than fifty attractions spread throughout the park. These are best-in-business ideas you can apply to your own organization.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. Looking at the heritage of Most Magical Place in the World, we draw best practices from over the years that you can again, apply to your organization.
As you see, we have so much to share. And when you donate, a portion of your contribution goes to Embrace Celebration, dedicated to helping Disney Cast Members and others in this area who are unemployed during this pandemic. To learn more, visit our site to discover our offerings and various tiers. Join us!