New Shanghai Disneyland Aerial Footage
With less than 75 days until opening, here is new Shanghai Disneyland aerial footage. The color might suggest that it was a bad day for smog, or that they have a bad color filter on their camera. Also, it’s strange that the footage only shows Fantasyland and the plaza/entrance of the park, with little footage of Tomorrowland and none of Adventure Isle or Treasure Cove. But it’s still remarkable footage, and gives lots of details. Here are some key things to note:
- Voyage to Crystal Grotto looks well established and ready to open.
- What looks equally ready is the Alice in Wonderland maze. You can see lots of heart-shaped landscaping from the air.
- Note that you see the trains running in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- I love the architecture of the European village to the right of the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
- Disney Town looks from the outside like it could open tomorrow.
- The Carthay Circle corner shop looks way behind compared to other construction activities on Mickey Avenue.
- You can see the cherry trees planted in the Garden of the 12 Friends.
- There are two fairly large buildings that flank both sides of the castle. They are called Guest Services on the map. I think that’s code for restrooms. But they sure look big.
- Look for the guy on a rooftop inside the Enchanted Storybook Castle walking around. How cool to be up on the roof of the castle.
- The castle stage with its fountains still looks like there is work to be done.
- A little further on you can see right down into the main corridor of the castle. It appears to be a circular fountain, though I thought that the sword in the stone was designated for that location.
- Impressive is how much attention to detail is shown for how the paths of the park weave in all directions.
In summary, it’s all very exciting!