Disney’s Hollywood Studios Update: What’s Still Missing in Action?
We canvas every corner of Disney’s Hollywood Studios in this week’s update where we see how this Walt Disney World park is still very much under the influence of a pandemic. From attractions and entertainment; from dining to shops to even park services we look at some 40 offerings that are still closed to guests. This is why guest crowds look as large as they do when in truth the attendance is still hovering around 35%. You can see it as we start in the parking lot how many empty spaces there are, and with those lower crowds, operations has suspended a large part of its operation. What do you still miss at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Are you ready to come back, when the park has not completely re-opened? While there are fantastic attractions–and even new lands and experiences ahead for guests, we explore what is still missing in action.
Also, you can see it on our J. Jeff Kober channel as shown below:
The following is a complete list of what we find still missing in action at Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Parking Lot Trams
- Coke Soda Stand
- Chip ‘n’ Dale Meet ‘n’ Greet at Sid Cahuenga’s
- Citizens of Hollywood
- Dockside Diner
- Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto Disney Characters
- Tune-In Lounge
- Dinosaur Gerties Ice Cream of Extinction
- Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Frozen Fractal Gifts
- Celebrity Spotlight–Olaf
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams
- It’s a Wonderful Shop
- Stage 1 Company Store
- Kat Saka’s Kettle
- Meet the Toys in Toy Story Land
- Green Army Drum Corps
- Green Army Patrol
- Toy Story Roundup Rodeo Barbecue
- Meet the Incredibles at Pixar Place with Edna!
- Meet Mike and Sully at Walt Disney Presents
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- In Character Store
- Disney Studio Store
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Meet the Makers
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Encounter Darth Vader
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Meet Chewbacca
- BB-8 Astromech on Duty
- Launch Bay Cargo
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Meet ‘n’ Greets
- Beverly Sunset Boutique–Now Open!
- Sunset Ranch Pins and Souvenirs–Now Open
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Fairfax Fare?
- Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage
- Disney Movie Magic & Wonderful World of Animation
- Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular
Souvenirs for Your Organization
Some of our Disney at Work podcasts hold free souvenirs that you can take back to your organization. Consider the following:
- What has it meant to your customers to have your products and services available during COVID or other difficult times?
- What has it meant to your customers that you haven’t been able to provide fully your products and services?
- How do you tailor your products and services to appeal to the
- Analytical–where knowledge, insight and understanding can be gleaned?
- Driver–Where you save individuals time and money?
- Amiable–Where you offer vehicles for building relationships?
- Expressive–where you bring passion, story and meaning to your offerings?
- What messages or symbols do you send when your products and services are not operating, or not operating completely?
When Billy Graham once strolled with Walt Disney through Disneyland, the evangelist congratulated Walt on having built such a marvelous garden of fantasy. “This is the real world here,” Walt sternly replied. “The fantasy world is outside.”
Do you believe that? Can you believe that? If so, let’s take a ride on the PeopleMover.
The Wayfinder Society: A Patreon Site for Disney Fans
We are offering a new program where you have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive offerings from Disney at Play and Disney at Work. Join us as we introduce our new Patreon program, the Wayfinder Society, intended to give you new insights to all things Disney, whether its work or play. I am truly excited to share this new opportunity with you and look forward to creating new experiences that you will enjoy whether at home or at the Disney parks. There are a variety of options for joining, depending on your interests:
When you join, you will be given access to unique, interactive apps that explores the parks in new ways, offering stories, photos, videos and more.
Here are some of the interactive apps we share with members of our society:
- Pandora: World of Avatar: This is an expansive and detailed look at every aspect of this land. You can’t find any source that has covered this entire land with its attractions, retail and dining more in depth.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Across the Globe: We not only compare this attraction in parks world-wide, but we deep dive into what makes each unique. Currently we’ve covered Tokyo Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. More to come!
- Coming Soon! S.E.A. Assembled! The Society of Adventurers and Explorers are coming to the Wayfinder Society. We’ll document their whereabouts and showcase their imprint on Disney attractions world-wide.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Disneyland. For our upper tiers, we have an interactive business tour of Disneyland to include more than fifty attractions spread throughout the park. These are best-in-business ideas you can apply to your own organization.
- Coming Soon! Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. Looking at the heritage of Most Magical Place in the World, we draw best practices from over the years that you can again, apply to your organization.
As you see, we have so much to share. And when you donate, a portion of your contribution goes to Embrace Celebration, dedicated to helping Disney Cast Members and others in this area who are unemployed during this pandemic. To learn more, visit our site to discover our offerings and various tiers. Join us!