Reviewing Disney in 2021: The New, The Enchanted, and the Ugly
Hopes at the start of 2021 was that it would erase the disaster, not prolong the pandemic craziness that was 2020. In truth, there was actually a lot of good that occurred in Disney theme parks world-wide, from Disneyland Paris to Shanghai Disneyland, not to mention the stateside parks of Disneyland and Walt Disney World. It may surprise you that there were not only some 60 different new Disney resort offerings across the globe, but that some of the best shows and attractions ever premiered this year–but you didn’t know it. We’ll take a look at those–including all those that use the word Enchanted! All combined, it is the equivalent of Disney opening up an entirely new theme park. And will talk about how the parks stateside were too often marred by new initiatives that impacted the customer experience. We’ll look at all of it–what worked and what didn’t. Plus we hold in memorium those things that ended in 2021. Despite the pandemic, it’s been a busy year, and there’s much to cover. So join us as we review 2021 at Walt Disney World, Disneyland and beyond!
Walt Disney World
- Space 220
- Gelateria Toscana
- Club Cool
- Creations Shop
- Living with the Land Holiday Overlay
- Epcot Entrance
- New Leave a Legacy
- New Fountain
- New Banner and Light Package
- Beacons of Light
- Mickey’s PhilarMagic with Coco
- Jungle Cruise Re-Imagined
- New Halloween & Christmas parties
- Gideon’s Bakehouse
- Everglazed Donuts and Cold Brew
- M&M Store
- Drawn to Life: Presented by Cirque du Soleil and Disney
- Kite Tails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Steakhouse 71
- 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Disney Fab 50 Statues
- Mickey’s Celebration Cavalcade
- 50th Electrical Water Pageant Addition
- Beacons of Light
- Jungle Cruise Re-Imagined
- Plaza Point Holiday Store
- Snow White’s Enchanted Tale
Disney California Adventure
- Mickey’s PhilarMagic
- Avengers Campus
- Web Slingers: A Spiderman Adventure
- Avengers Assemble
- PYM Kitchen
- WEB Suppliers
- Disney’s Hotel New York: The Art of Marvel
- Disney Jr. Dream Factory
- Cars Road Trip
- Enchanted Tale of Beauty & The Beast
- Beauty & The Beast Land
- Fantasyland Forest Theater
- The Happy Ride with Baymax
- Minnie’s Style Studios
- Food, Beverage & Store Locations
- 5th Anniversary: Year of Magical Surprises
- Disney Surprise Show
- Mickeys Storybook Adventure
- Shanghai Disneyland: Illuminate! A Nighttime Celebration
Hong Kong Disneyland
Follow Your Dreams Castle Show
- Disney Cruise Line: Remodeled Port Terminal
- New Annual Pass Programs
- The Key of Inclusion
- Fast Passes
- Primeval Whirl
- Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue
- NBA Experience
- Disney Magical Express
Join and Help Us Out!
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!