Disney’s Parks Globally Blast Wide Open!
In the last week news has spread world-wide of parks, attractions, resorts and restaurants re-opening while COVID regulations are reduced. We go from Walt Disney World to Disneyland to across the globe and even to the Disney Cruise Line to hear what’s now happening, what’s coming shortly in the months to come, and what’s still waiting to return. From renovated attractions to new shows to Halloween events to even fireworks we look at how the parks are quickly starting to look like–the parks! We even talk new details about the new private island being reconfirmed by Disney Cruise Line this week. This is one busy post and podcast as we look at how Disney’s doors have blown wide open.
Walt Disney World
- Disney eliminated mask policy indoors for guests who are fully vaccinated
- Physical distancing continues to be decreased.
- Masks still required on transportation
- Plexiglass dividers removed from monorails, Standing spots have been added
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway pre-show returns
- Interactive fountains and splash pads have reopened
- Hours have been extended at Disney Springs and in the parks
- Terra Treats, Disney’s Animal Kingdom (serving pizza slices)
- Isle of Java, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Trilo-Bites, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Drinkwallah Snacks & Frozen Beverages, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- BoardWalk Ice Cream Shop, Disney’s Boardwalk–Replacing Ample Hills
June 20th: Tusker House Restaurant, Disney’s Animal Kingdom (bookings now available)
Sebastian’s Bistro–with bookings available June 10th for reservations starting July 5th.
- Happily Ever After–Magic Kingdom
- EPCOT Forever–Epcot
July 2nd: Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
July 9th: ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (Opening July 9th, bookings available June 10th)–Complete with Noodles!
Late July: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort–New Porte-cochere put into position.
August 26th: Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Reopens
August 10-October 31: Disney After Hours Boo Bash at Magic Kingdom
- Many dates sold out including Halloween
- More dates have been added
- Fireworks to be included prior to beginning of the event.
October 1st: 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World
- Epcot Monorail Line
- Parking Lot Trams
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- Disney’s All Star Music
- Disney’s All Star Sports
- Belle’s Enchanted Tales
- Space 220
- Meet ‘n’ Greets
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Beauty & The Beast: Live on Stage
- Finding Nemo the Musical
- Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Disneyland will no longer require masks beginning Tuesday, June 15
- Out of state visitors officially welcomed as well
- Required on buses from Toy Story Lot
- Avengers Campus
- Pre-Show in Rise of the Resistance
June 14th: Wine Country Trattoria
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
- Animation Academy
- Golden Zephyr
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- Oga’s Cantina
- Tiki Juice Bar (mobile order available)
- Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo (mobile order available)
- Alien Pizza Planet (mobile order available)
- Rancho del.Zocalo Restaurante
- Disneyland Band begins performing again.
- Davey Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
June 25th: Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Disneyland Hotel
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill
July 4th: Mickey’s Mix Magic–on Main Street, U.S.A. Sleeping Beauty Castle and the facade of “it’s a small world”
- Lamplight Lounge & Brunch
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
Jungle Cruise with New Scenes
July 17th: Disneyland’s 66th Anniversary
- Finding Nemo the Submarine
- Disneyland Monorail
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- Main Street Cinema
- Mickey’s House, Minnie’s House, Goofy’s Playhouse, Donald’s Boat, and Chip and Dale Treehouse
- The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- The Bakery Tour
- Red Car Trolley
- World of Color
- Grand Reopening on June 17th
- Reopened for Annual Passholders Currently
- All New Annual Passholder Sales are Being Halted
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Reopening
- Cars Road Trip in Previews with Cars-Tastrophe Canyon
- Avengers Campus Under Construction
Hong Kong Disneyland
June 30th: Follow Your Dreams Castle Show
- Celebrates its 5th Anniversary on June 16th
- Mickey’s Storybook Adventure at The Walt Disney Grand Theatre in DisneyTown
- Zootopia Under Construction
- Polar Bear Animated Figure
- Sketchers Shoe Store
Disney Cruise Line
- A test cruise is being prepared for June 29th on the Disney Dream
- Some July and August cruises may still occur
- Staycation cruises will still happen in United Kingdom into the Fall
- Lighthouse Point Confirmed
The Wayfinder Society: A Patreon Site for Disney Fans
We are offering a new program where you have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive offerings from Disney at Play and Disney at Work. Join us as we introduce our new Patreon program, the Wayfinder Society, intended to give you new insights to all things Disney, whether its work or play. I am truly excited to share this new opportunity with you and look forward to creating new experiences that you will enjoy whether at home or at the Disney parks. There are a variety of options for joining, depending on your interests:
When you join, you will be given access to unique, interactive apps that explores the parks in new ways, offering stories, photos, videos and more.
Here are some of the interactive apps we share with members of our society:
- Pandora: World of Avatar: This is an expansive and detailed look at every aspect of this land. You can’t find any source that has covered this entire land with its attractions, retail and dining more in depth.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Across the Globe: We not only compare this attraction in parks world-wide, but we deep dive into what makes each unique. Currently we’ve covered Tokyo Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. More to come!
- Coming Soon! S.E.A. Assembled! The Society of Adventurers and Explorers are coming to the Wayfinder Society. We’ll document their whereabouts and showcase their imprint on Disney attractions world-wide.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Disneyland. For our upper tiers, we have an interactive business tour of Disneyland to include more than fifty attractions spread throughout the park. These are best-in-business ideas you can apply to your own organization.
- Coming Soon! Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. Looking at the heritage of Most Magical Place in the World, we draw best practices from over the years that you can again, apply to your organization.
As you see, we have so much to share. And when you donate, a portion of your contribution goes to Embrace Celebration, dedicated to helping Disney Cast Members and others in this area who are unemployed during this pandemic. To learn more, visit our site to discover our offerings and various tiers. Join us!