Disney Park D23 Announcements: Into the Unknown
Disney Parks D23 Presentation has come and gone, and it’s left a lot of uncertainty in its wake. Many podcasters and bloggers have already expressed their confusion. In truth, the crowd at D23 largely seemed like they were very pleased with the presentation. And if everything that was even mentioned was created or actually built, it would be fairly amazing. There was nothing presented that wasn’t fairly cool. But it’s really hard to believe that many of these “blue sky” ideas are ever being built when other projects that were far further along now are missing in action. The majority of presentation made in the Epcot Experience at Odyssey isn’t coming or at least isn’t mentioned. Still, there were some 50 things announced or given updates as they continue under construction. We’ll sort through all this, and try to understand why we received the presentation and exhibition we received. Join us as we go into the unknown with Disney Park D23 Announcements.
Tokyo Disney Resort
- New Port of Call, Fantasy Springs To Include
- Luxury Hotel
- Peter Pan
- Tokyo Disneyland to Create a New Space Mountain and Plaza in Tomorrowland for 2027
Hong Kong Disneyland
- 100th Anniversary: Walt & Mickey Statue Watching the Carousel on the Bench
- World of Frozen Opening in Second Half of 2023 with Two Attractions
- Zootopia Land with
- Animal Puppets coming out of windows and doors
- 8 Passenger Police Vehicle Heading to Gazelle’s Concert
- Duffy and Friends on Disney+ with Lina Bell
- Frozen Theme Land
- Entirely New Promenade in the Center of the Park Leading to a Lakeside District
- Gardens with Tangled Theme Attraction
- New Entrance to Toy Story Land
- We Belong Together: Pixar Musical Review
- Disneyland Hotel Taking Thematic Cues from Princesses. Complete in 2024
- 100th Anniversary: Wondrous Journeys–Nods to all 60 Disney Animated Films
- 100th Anniversary: Magic Happens–Spring?
- Mandalorian and Grogu Coming to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge
- Revised Toontown with
- Goofy’s How to Play Yard–Opening in Early 2023
- Cartoonial Park Interactive Fountain
- Dreaming Tree
- New Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway with Revised Lobby Queue Celebrating Mickey
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure with Water Tower
- Revised Critter Country with New Animals
- Picture of Tiana’s Palace “We will see food come to life in new ways and you’ll hear more about that in the near future”
- Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets
Disney California Adventure
- 100th Anniversary: World of Color–One in Late January
- San Fransokyo with Baymax from Big Hero Six coming to Pacific Wharf (originally based on Monterrey’s Cannery Row)
- The Incredible Hulk in a Quantum Suit–Starting this week
- Avengers Multiverse Attraction:
- All the Avengers against All the Villains
- King Thanos
- DHI Talks about MultiVerse Possibly Being a Multi-Rotating Experience
- Could There Be a Meta Verse Version of the MultiVerse
- Run Disney Returning
- Paseo and Centrico by Carlos Gaytán
- Porto’s Bakery & Cafe Coming to Downtown Disney
- Din Tai Fung Coming to Downtown Disney
- Pixar Place Hotel & Great Maple
Walt Disney World
- 100th Anniversary: Happily Ever After
- Hatbox Ghost coming to Haunted Mansion
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tron Lightcycle Run: Spring of 2023
- 100th Anniversary: New Nighttime Spectacular with Epcot Forever as an Interim?
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana with a 15 foot Te Fiti, in Late 2023
- Figment Character Appearances–Physical or Virtual?
- World Celebration with CommuniCore Hall and Plaza and Walt the Dreamer Statue
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
A Boundless Future Into the Unknown
Chris Beatty and Jennifer Lee joined the stage to Blue Sky the following:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Moana with a Water Based Attraction and a Spinner Rides–Could you add a Nighttime Show to the Lagoon as well?
Magic Kingdom–Beyond Thunder Mountain
- Coco: San Cecilia Village in Mexico
- Encanto: Enter the Madrigals Casita
- Tragic Kingdom/Villains Lair–Could you alter the Rivers of America
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Treasure: Name of the next cruise ship
- Aladdin, Jasmine on Flying Carpet as a Statue
- Peter Pan on the back of the ship?
- Disney Wonder going to Australia and New Zealand
- Progress on Lighthouse Point in the Bahamas
- Tarzan Treehouse
- Fantasmic Returning
- Toy Story Barbecue Restaurant
- Anything for Disney Springs like Summer House
- The Main Street Theater for Magic Kingdom
- Previously Announced Epcot Attractions
- Play Disney in Wonders of Life
- Wondrous China
- Spaceship Earth Remodel
- Mary Poppins
- Disneyland Forward Project
- New Tomorrowland
- DVC Additions Like
- Disneyland Tower
- Polynesian Village Tower
- Adventures by Disney
Check Out Our Patreon Group!
We thank you for visiting and listening to us. We appreciate your patronage and your friendship. To help make these websites and podcasts possible, there are several easy ways you can help:
- In addition to the podcast channel you listen to, please visit DisneyatPlay.com and DisneyatWork.com and subscribe to our website. That way you get notices of new posts and podcasts coming out.
- If you like what we have to offer, please visit iTunes and offer us a favorable rating and even a review. This helps notify others of what we have to offer.
- If you like videos not just of Walt Disney World but of parks throughout the world, visit J. Jeff Kober on YouTube and subscribe there.
- Finally, join the Wayfinder Society. For as little as a dollar a month, this Patreon group not only helps to support this podcast and attending websites, but also gives you access to one of our Disney at Play Interactive Guides.
NOTE! with any Wayfinder membership, you will also get exclusive podcasts looking that checks out other Disney podcasts, social media finds, shows, books and more.
There are four tiers to our society, two of which are available to all who love Disney and are fans. The second two tiers not only celebrate all things Disney, but focus on best-in-business practices from the happiest and most magical places on earth that can be applied to your own organization. All of them offer unique offerings only available here at Disney at Work and Play. For instance, right now subscribers to the three top tiers can experience a deep dive into Pirates of the Caribbean unlike any other.
And now we’re happy to announce that first Explorer tier is only $1.00 a month. And with that you not only help to support us but will receive access to one of our Disney at Play Discoveries: Pandora World of Avatar: To see a sneak peek at all that’s offered on this truly unique interactive guide, please visit us at the Wayfinder Society. While there you can also get a sneak peek at our Disney at Work Interactive Tour of Disneyland, available to our Navigator and Adventurer levels. We promise you content and experiences you can’t get elsewhere. And your patronage goes to help support these podcasts and posts.s
Ready to Visit the Disney Parks?
Hopefully this podcast has made you realize you need help and support in planning your next trip to Disney. David and Leah with Out the Door Travel know Disney in ways few do and they can make your next trip on land or sea an exciting one–or at least less stressful! Be sure to contact them as you explore your next vacation, whether it is a Disney theme park vacation, a cruise, or an Adventure by Disney. There is no charge to utilize their services, but it will save you enormous time getting all the details right, and with their insight you can be assured you’re going to experience the best trip possible. Contact them today!