24-Hour Walt Disney World Staycation Nightmare
What would you think about a one night’s stay at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort to include a visit to see Epcot’s fireworks return for the first time in 15 months! That was the goal of our short Walt Disney World staycation. From there, just about everything went south–more than you could expect to happen in less than 24 hours. Did we mention two adult autistic children and one brand new grandchild visiting for the first time? We don’t usually do trip reviews, but this one not only stands out but probably offers a couple of important lessons for everyone else planning on visiting. Good news–there’s a Happily Ever After Ending, but it comes two nights later.
Our podcast carries narrative of the entire experience. You can find the podcast here on Podbean, iTunes, Spotify, and ListenNotes. Please subscribe! Be sure to also subscribe to this website, so you’ll get notifications of other forthcoming posts and podcasts.
Lessons From This Stay!
Here are a few things we learned from this staycation that we share in the podcast!
- Be flexible!
- If you own an annual pass and you want to upgrade, do it before the blackout period.
- If your room doesn’t have enough Disney touches, there’s a reason for that.
- Get a room key and/or utilize your Magic Bands. Don’t rely solely on a mobile device
- Have a back up plan for returning on the Skyliner
- Think through before volunteering to baby sit your grandchild
- Don’t let one bad experience keep you from trying it again
The Wayfinder Society: A Patreon Site for Disney Fans
We are offering a new program where you have the opportunity to enjoy exclusive offerings from Disney at Play and Disney at Work. Join us as we introduce our new Patreon program, the Wayfinder Society, intended to give you new insights to all things Disney, whether its work or play. I am truly excited to share this new opportunity with you and look forward to creating new experiences that you will enjoy whether at home or at the Disney parks. There are a variety of options for joining, depending on your interests:
When you join, you will be given access to unique, interactive apps that explores the parks in new ways, offering stories, photos, videos and more.
Here are some of the interactive apps we share with members of our society:
- Pandora: World of Avatar: This is an expansive and detailed look at every aspect of this land. You can’t find any source that has covered this entire land with its attractions, retail and dining more in depth.
- Pirates of the Caribbean Across the Globe: We not only compare this attraction in parks world-wide, but we deep dive into what makes each unique. Currently we’ve covered Tokyo Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. More to come!
- Coming Soon! S.E.A. Assembled! The Society of Adventurers and Explorers are coming to the Wayfinder Society. We’ll document their whereabouts and showcase their imprint on Disney attractions world-wide.
- Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Disneyland. For our upper tiers, we have an interactive business tour of Disneyland to include more than fifty attractions spread throughout the park. These are best-in-business ideas you can apply to your own organization.
- Coming Soon! Disney at Work Interactive Tour: Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary. Looking at the heritage of Most Magical Place in the World, we draw best practices from over the years that you can again, apply to your organization.
As you see, we have so much to share. And when you donate, a portion of your contribution goes to Embrace Celebration, dedicated to helping Disney Cast Members and others in this area who are unemployed during this pandemic. To learn more, visit our site to discover our offerings and various tiers. Join us!